18.1.11

Rain, trams and sparrows

I just got back from my first trip to Melbourne on Saturday… It was actually the first time I went somewhere and never wanted to come back! I knew it was going to be great, but I never expected it to be THAT AWESOME! The shops were open for longer, there were people everywhere in the evenings, the buskers were better, the clothes and food were fantastic and cheap… It was like I was in another country rather than a different state. There were cute little sparrows everywhere, apparently they're pests, even the pests are better in Melbourne.

The National Gallery of Victoria was beyond belief! They even had a WHOLE ROOM FULL OF DESIGNER CHAIRS!!! I saw the Gustav Moreau exhibit and the permanent collections. And people get to go there for free whenever they want! Particularly handy, if the rain won't let up. I got the impression that this is what a major capital city is supposed to be like. It is beyond amazing and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of how great it is!

Click here if you want to see the rest of my Melbourne albums. The Street Art and NGV albums in particular are worth checking out. Okay, I'll admit I may have gone a little crazy with the Hipstamatic.
St George and the dragon outside the State Library
A dark alleyway near Little Lonsdale St
Buddha from the Asian section at NGV, I'm pretty sure it's Buddha...
Queen Victoria Gardens
The aquarium

No comments:

Post a Comment