12.7.11

"They're just little trees."



"They're just little trees" — What a guy in sport told his kids.
So today, I ate broccoli for the first time. I wasn't pleased. How did this happen? Well, it all started last friday...

West Coast were playing Geelong at Subi oval. Normally I wouldn't care, but I had a night shift at work and if the Eagles won, I'd have to make extensive changes to the paper between editions. So I was kinda hoping the Eagles would lose, plus Geelong are on top of the AFL ladder! I thought it'd be fine. I kept going on and on about how the Eagles would lose, or something to that effect, to my boss and the other designers.

Sooooo, they got me to make a little bet... If the Eagles won, I'd have to eat a serve of vegetables of their choosing. I said something along the lines of: "Yeah sure whatever, bring it!" Then they had a little discussion and decided on broccoli. Cooked, with no dips or seasoning.

Later that night, Geelong lost by 2 goals!!! That'll teach me to have any interest in football ever again!

I know this blog is supposed to be design related, but this was pretty funny and it did happen at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment