12.7.12

Off the grid: The Internet Detox

I am attempting no internet at home for 2 months. 2 WHOLE MONTHS!!!!! The news came as a bit of a shock to some of my friends and co-workers, most of whom thought I won't last that long. But I've already said it on Facebook, so I can't back out! Forget Dry July, this shit is way more hard-core!

So why am I doing it?
Over the past few years, I've noticed that the Interwebz has slowly started eating into my life. To the point where I've started spending almost all my free time at home in front of the computer being kinda lazy. Some might say I have a bit of a problem, but I know there are people out there who are a lot worse than I am. I stream (and NOT download) TV shows mostly.
After I got back from my 8-week holiday, I was looking for a new Internet plan and found this good deal through work that was unlimited! Then I realised if I got fast unlimited Internet, I'D NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE AGAIN!!! So I decided to do this little experiment, mostly because I said I'd learn to drive this year — but that would never happen with unlimited Internet. Then I made a slightly ambitious list of things I want to during my Internet Detox. I won't be completely out of touch though, I still have my iPhone. I'll be able to check my emails and Facebook a bit, just so I don't go completely nuts!!! I have the internet at work for 'legitimate work purposes'. Plus, I'll be keeping a daily log so you guys can check back every once in a while and laugh at my misery.

Things to do during my Internet Detox
• Learn to drive
• Start drawing/designing/painting again
• Go back to the gym
• Go to sleep before midnight
• Get out of the house more
• Start reading again

No comments:

Post a Comment